Our vision is to create a happy, secure and stimulating environment which enables pupils to develop lively, inquiring and creative minds and allows each child to achieve their full potential. We believe that both adults and children should learn new things each day and that learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone. In order to achieve this, our whole school community works together to prepare children to live in a constantly changing and culturally diverse world. We deliver a broad and balanced curriculum within a caring family atmosphere. We are aspirational for our pupils and aim to give them enjoyable experiences that will foster a life long love of learning.
School aims for each child
- To enable children to become confident, resourceful, inquiring and independent learners with lively and inquiring minds.
- To involve children in the initial planning of their learning journey.
- To foster children’s self-esteem, and help them to build positive relationships with other people.
- To develop children’s self-respect, self-confidence and resilience, encourage them to understand the ideas, attitudes and values of others, and teach them to respect other people’s feelings.
- To ensure that children have a clear understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
- To show respect for a diverse range of cultures and, in so doing, to promote positive attitudes towards other people;
- To enable children to understand their community, and help them feel valued as part of it.
- To provide broad and varied extra curricular opportunities for all children
- To help children grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens.
- To enable children to understand how they have a responsibility as custodians of the planet.
- To foster a love of learning; encouraging our children to be life long learners.
- To encourage children to choose healthy life-styles.
- To enable children to make choices that keep themselves, and others, safe.